The Vision at The Leonard A. Gereau Center for Applied Technology and Career Exploration is to provide student assistance with a common core curriculum that is complemented with a variety of career elective courses. It is also a part of our vision to assist students in making the best course selections possible as they enter into high school so that this preparation will greatly assist them as they enter into the workforce after graduation, or continue their education and/or job related training. The goals for The Leonard A. Gereau Center for Applied Technology and Career Exploration center will be to:
· Coordinate an academic program of study with Benjamin Franklin Middle School and Franklin County High School that accomplishes the mission of The Gereau Center and the Virginia Standards of Learning.
· Use problem-based learning, project learning, discovery learning, and hands-on/applied instructional strategies as catalysts for student achievement.
· Expose student to career opportunities through people in professions, related businesses, industries, and government agencies.
· Provide outreach to business, industry, and government agencies, and other appropriate groups in the use of the facility.
· Teach technology as a tool and provide instruction to 8th grade students that will enable them to successfully pass all Virginia Standards of Learning assessments.
About Us >