8th GRADE SUPPLY LIST
THE GEREAU CENTER
For Applied Technology & Career Exploration
150 Technology Drive
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Matthew Brain, Principal
This is a list of supplies that you will need for your core classes at The Gereau Center. You may need other supplies for your modules and electives. Those teachers will specify your needs in those classes on the first day of school.
1-Three ring binder
Blue or black pens
Dictionary for home use
Dividers for the binder
Pencil pouch to carry supplies
Ruled index cards
Student lockers at The Gereau Center are very small. For this reason, it is suggested that students carry a binder rather than a backpack-type book bag. This will provide students with storage area in their lockers for other items such as lunch bags and coats.
Please see the information below regarding the dress code. This should help you as you buy clothing for the start of school.
a. clothing with words or pictures that are obscene, vulgar, or sexually explicit and/or suggestive clothing that conveys a message that is confrontational, insulting, offensive, or “puts down” others;
2. Clothing torn or with openings above the knee that exposes undergarments and/or reveals skin inappropriately may not be worn.
3. Unnecessary/disruptive outerwear (coat, etc.) which is not in accordance with the weather such as:
a. long or bulky jackets worn in the classroom anytime; b. long or bulky jackets worn outside the classroom, but inappropriate due to climate conditions.
4. The following items of clothing must meet the stated criteria:
a. Pants are to be worn at the waist, and are not to drag the ground, causing a safety concern, and are not to be extremely tight and revealing. Pants with straps or suspenders must be accompanied by a top meeting the dress code. The crotch of pants should not sag to the knees. The waistband of the pants should not be rolled down.
1) no shorts/skirts/dresses which are extremely tight and revealing;
c. Shirts/tops/blouses, etc. must meet the following criteria:
1) Shirt/top must touch pants/skirt top without being stretched by the hand. No skin or undergarments may show between top and bottom of garments at any time.
1) No long chains (i.e., pants, book bags, etc.)
1) Grades K-8 and The Gereau Center: no hats worn inside buildings
2) Grades 9-12: no hats worn inside classrooms, offices, assemblies, etc.
1) Shoestrings must be tied so as not to cause a safety hazard.
3) No bedroom slippers.
Trending Now >